Paper production uses large amounts of energy, water and chemicals. Consequently, any unnecessary fiber we can remove from corrugated material can make a significant impact on the sustainable environment, as well as your costs. Our comprehensive fiber and energy management solutions help businesses of all sizes achieve operational, quality and environmental objectives while assisting with corporate bottom line goals. That’s what we call a “win-win”!
THE EVOLUTION OF PACKAGE DESIGN
Thanks to the development of new technologies and improved efficiencies, the amount of corrugated needed for a product has decreased by 21% over the past two decades. We continue to propel this reduction trend by designing more efficient packages using stronger papers, while also improving our box converting processes.
THE OPTIMIZATION OF MATERIALS
Removing fiber from corrugated board without compromising the integrity of the package can be challenging. We succeed by using a variety of approaches.
- We avoid over packaging to protect the product. Instead, we offer structural integrity by designing superior solutions
- We optimize paper solutions by combining strength characteristics from the most cost effective mills
- We avoid “cookie cutter” answers by exploring a wider variety of solutions
- Our ultimate goal is always to protect the shipped product while minimizing cost and environmental impact
- More strength, less fiber
- Improved printing surface
Using a low-fiber package is a proven way to improve packaging sustainability. Creating more efficient packaging reduces storage, distribution, transportation, and energy costs. Designing a package using fiber reduction processes helps you achieve savings without compromising the integrity of the package.