Packaging Solutions Dating Back to 1918
Starting out on the cobblestone streets of Philadelphia, Acme Corrugated Box has grown to inhabit a 320,000-square foot facility adjacent to Pennsylvania’s busiest thoroughfare.
In 1918, Edward J. Cohen packed his wagon with scrap paper and rode through Philadelphia’s dusty streets in search of buyers. In a bustling city, he found plenty, and soon added reclaimed corrugated boxes to his lot. After two decades, Edward moved his operation indoors to Third and Race Streets in Old City Philadelphia.
Acme Corrugated Box flourished in the years following World War II. Edward Cohen’s son Arnold took the leadership reins in 1963. By the late 1960s, Edward’s younger son Bob had also joined the family business full time. To meet unrelenting demand, Acme Corrugated Box relocated to a 25,000-square foot facility in North Philadelphia’s American Street business corridor. Seeing the need for better customizable packaging solutions, the Cohens began producing their own corrugated boxes.
In 1980, Acme Corrugated Box relocated to Bensalem, Pennsylvania. With Bob Cohen as its new president, the company began manufacturing made to order boxes exclusively. In 2001, we moved into our current home in Hatboro, Pennsylvania. Our location just off the Pennsylvania Turnpike gives our delivery fleet easy access to customers in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland.
More than a century after Edward J. Cohen seized opportunity on the streets of Philly, Acme Corrugated Box remains a family-run business with an unrelenting focus on innovation, product quality, and customer care. Today, Edward’s grandsons Erik, Jeremy, and Alex bring a third generation of expertise and enthusiasm to the ever-changing, increasingly relevant packaging landscape. Recently expanded to 320,000-square feet, our facility houses all necessary box-making equipment in one state-of-the-art space.