Strong Boxes, Strong Planet
We work hard to reduce our carbon footprint. It’s paying off.
OUR GREEN INITIATIVES
Acme Corrugated Box’s longstanding sustainability program includes the following green transformation initiatives:
- Energy and water conservation
- Energy-efficient white roof coating for temperature control
- Energy-efficient lighting
- Fuel and vehicle usage reduction
- Environmental management system
- Fiber content reduction
- Office and plant-wide recycling
- Pallet return system
We pledge the following:
- Compliance with federal, state, and local environmental laws and regulations
- Use of environmentally responsible operations wherever possible
- Promotion of ecological awareness, policies, and practice among employees as well as customers, suppliers, visitors, and the community
- Confirmation that suppliers comply with environmental regulations
- Commitment to the “Three Rs” of eco-friendly sustainable packaging – reduce, reuse, recycle – across all processes
Fiber: A Quest for Less
Low-fiber packaging reduces material waste as well as storage, distribution, transportation, and energy pollutants. Over the past two decades, we have helped our customers decrease fiber use by more than 20%. We remove fiber from corrugated packaging – without compromising integrity – through the following processes:
Structural integrity by way of superior design – not overpackaging.
We align and optimize strength characteristics of paper from a variety of carefully selected options.
Unique Board Combinations
Combinations offer more strength using less fiber.